From Hwy 14, go south on RR 215 (which becomes RR 220). After 3.5 miles road bends right, staging area is on your left. Or from Hwy 625/Hwy 21 head east & turn north on RR 221. Turn east on Twp Rd 504A for 1 mile. Pack a lunch for the trail. Ride out at 11am. This is a walking trail ride. No dogs, drinking, smoking on the trail. Cancelled if colder than –10.
To make sure everyone stays safe on the trails, ATRA has the following policy.
On single day rides or weekend rides in a large group, there will be no dogs permitted. On longer trips, such as mountain rides, dogs may be permitted on the trail if all riders in your smaller group are in agreement.
Some riding areas require dogs to be on a leash. Please ensure that you’re aware of and obey all regulations regarding dogs in a particular area.
Please keep in mind the following if you’re planning on joining us for a ride.
- For insurance purposes, each active trail riding member is required to hold a current Alberta Equestrian Federation membership.
- During winter rides, temperature cutoff is -10 degrees Celsius.
- All riders ride at your own risk. We encourage helmet use.
- Please be responsible and show by example. Clean up and properly dispose of manure and educate others to do so.
- Please support the Alberta Equestrian Trail Supporter Program. They in turn support our trails.
- Please be aware that the Ministik riding area is closed to horses from March 1 to July 15. We ask that you respect this closure and refrain from riding there during these dates.